Walnut microwave... A project completed! Our new microwave is in, and works. I finished all the related carpentry, including a couple of walnut trim strips that look better than I expected them to. The photos below show the work as I went along, with the last one showing the finished project:
For the moment, the two walnut strips are being held in place by mounting tape. That may not prove to be a good long term solution, and in that case I'll be replacing them with magnets. I want to be able to easily get back into the cabinet should I need to repair anything!
The new microwave has a much more modern user interface than our old one, but it's new to us – so we'll be learning its ins and outs for a while. Nevertheless we can already appreciate some of the features. For instance, to reheat anything with the automatic sensor takes just three clicks, all obvious. Much easier than the old microwave!
Thursday, December 15, 2016
We're having some interesting weather. Yesterday morning we got about 3" of snow, but then the temperature climbed above freezing and we got rain. Last night the temperature never went below 30°F, and for today the forecast is calling for over an inch of rain. It's supposed to start this afternoon and continue all night and into tomorrow morning. Then tomorrow the temperature should drop precipitously and the rain will turn to snow (and likely all the wet surfaces will be coated with ice). I didn't bother plowing yesterday, as it never really stopped snowing. It's a wet mess outside right now, but if it really does rain then there's not much point in plowing that, either, as the rain will get rid of it all...