Tuesday, July 26, 2016
It wasn't all that hard to figure out where each part went, but the fact that they needed to be assembled in a particular order wasn't so obvious. I made several false starts before I finally figured it out. I've been spoiled these last few years with “kits” that were easy to assemble and came with assembly excellent instructions. This kit was neither. I had to modify several of the parts before they'd assemble correctly: one needed to be slightly bent, and two needed holes drilled out slightly before the bolts would fit in them.
On the other hand, the finished table is very nice. The castings are all of solid aluminum, strong and relatively lightweight. The entire thing is beautifully finished. I'm happy with the end result, but not so thrilled with how I got there :)
Puppy update... A couple of milestones in the past few days.
First, while Mako and Cabo still largely behave like puppies, they look like little dogs. So we're changing their category to "doglet".
Second, Cabo - that fierce little doglet - tracked, attacked, killed, and tried to eat her first vole. We got it away from her before she swallowed it, and fulsomely rewarded her. Good doglet!