Saturday, November 18, 2017
This morning I've started writing the software that will eventually control the new fan, based on the algorithm I've described in a previous post. This would be a trivial exercise in daemon construction but for the fact that I'm going to allow some nice monitoring capability. That requires me to write the daemon multi-threaded – a new experience in C programming for me. I've also got another challenge: a parts delivery is late and prevents me from actually bringing up the Raspberry Pi I bought for this purpose. So I'm writing a bunch of software that I won't be able to debug for several days, at least. This is not my preferred modality – I like to write a little bit, then test, fix, and repeat...
The little kitten is doing very well. We may have settled on the name “Kalea” (pronounced ka-LAY-ah), which is Hawai'ian for “full of joy”, but I wouldn't count on that. :) It's eating like a little piglet, and spends a lot of the time sleeping. All signs of stress have disappeared.
bigeye tuna. We bought about 20 ounces of it, and today my lovely bride made us a mess of poke with it (my bowl at right). Oh, man, was that good! That's raw fish in a soy-based sauce flavored with a bit of sesame oil, with avocado, green onions, and some sesame seeds for garnish. That big-eye tuna disappeared mighty quickly!