Why am I doing this? Several reasons:
- It is far easier to post photos and videos on Twitter than on Blogger, and it's clear from my blog's statistics (and about the same on Twitter) that those are what draw the most interest.
- The vast majority of my blog posts are shorter than the new, expanded character limits on Twitter.
- Searches on Twitter are faster and more reliable than searches on Blogger.
- Twitter works well on phones and tablets; Blogger not as well.
- It's much easier for people to comment on Twitter than on the blog, and I don't have to moderate the comments. On the blog, if I don't moderate comments I get many spam comments per day – very annoying.
The blog will continue to have my tweets on the right sidebar, so you can still visit the blog and get both. Future posts to the blog will always have a tweet that links to them, so you can also just follow me on Twitter and be sure you don't miss anything here...