Progress report... We've been slowly whittling away at the 25 million little things that need to get done around the place. We've hung numerous pieces of art, built a bed board, rewired the entire first floor (second floor and basement still to go), installed a couple dozen heating registers (and even more remain to be done), installed interior door hardware on the five doors in the barn, and (yesterday) did the first bit of wiring in the barn.
That last bit was a learning experience for me – I'd never used plastic conduit before, so I was learning as I went. I installed two outlets on the ceiling, right next to the garage door opener's motor, and ran conduit with 14/2G romex between there and the breaker panel. When doing a project like this, one becomes acutely aware of all the angles in the building :) That run took 8 pieces of straight conduit and 7 90° bends (called “sweeps” for some reason), along with a surface-mounted junction box and a threaded connector for the circuit breaker panel. The installation involved mis-cutting several pieces of conduit, glue, and creative use of English (especially phrases involving words with four letters). I did get it installed and working, though – and the rest of the wiring should involve somewhat less learning...
Post a Comment