Paradise ponders... Yesterday was a day of progress on several fronts. It was also a great way to make me tired. :) Especially since I had only slept for a few hours the night before!
Our builder's crew showed up and finished “skinning” the roof of our new mud room. After that, our roofer showed up and installed the waterproof underlayment (that goes under the steel, which he says he'll have up early next week). Some photos:
The door cutout isn't the right size yet. The door going in there is a normal sized door (36" wide), but it will have a glassed arch over the top of it, and sidelights on each side. The hole you see in the second photo will actually be wider (to accommodate the sidelights); the overall hole may be shorter (once we get the door and see how high the arch turned out to be). The three doors we bought for the three different parts of our construction project all turned out to be custom doors, so we can't just look up the dimensions in a catalog.
There was a bit of urgency about the downspouts because we have 3" of rain in the forecast for the next few days. That's also what motivated the builder and roofer to show up today. After the builders got done, I ran and got some plastic to staple up over the rough cutouts for the door and windows in the mud room. And it poured last night! There's a small leak somewhere in the mud room, but it's basically dry - no harm done. The sun room is completely dry. This storm was its first real test, and it passed with flying colors. Yay!
In between working with all the contractors and putting up plastic, I also managed to finish working on the wiring in Debbie's office. You'd never know all that equipment and cabling was there! I didn't take photos yet because I haven't cleaned up (that's on this morning's agenda). I'll take a couple photos when that's finished.