Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Barn progress...

Barn progress...  I got the upstairs subpanel installed and tested yesterday.  Now it will be quite straightforward to wire up my office, some lights in the storage area, and the electric hoist for hauling heavy stuff up through the “hatch” in my woodshop. 

The tile guys showed up with the wrong tile (dang it!), and getting the right tile is going to add a week onto the project.  They did get the underlayment (a kind of concrete board) in place, doing a very nice job.  The guy in charge was particularly skilled at cutting perfectly straight edges in the concrete board with a small, hand-held, battery-powered saw that used a 3" diameter diamond blade.  If I tried that the result would be ... not good.  He made it look ridiculously easy, but in a conversation with his sidekick I discovered that though he (the sidekick) has been trying to do it for a year, he still can't make a straight line.  It reminds me of watching the masons at work, doing things that they made look easy, but when I tried it I got nowhere at all.

Today I'm mostly going to concentrate on getting lights up in Debbie's indoor agility arena, though I have a few other little things to do as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment