Progress report... An electrical day. I raided Home Depot for a couple additional ceiling boxes and some LED lamps. Then Debbie and I put up the last two lighting fixtures in the cattery. Those two had the same junky boxes as the first two, totally unsuitable for hanging lamps from. In the process of installing the last two (which are controlled by the same wall switch), I discovered that the switch was miswired – and that it was (like many others in the house) a cheap piece of crap that was only working intermittently. I fixed the wiring and replaced the switch. Then I did the same exact thing in our bedroom, replacing two cheap switches that were operating intermittently. One of them made a delightful sparking sound every time you turned on the lights. Fixed now.
So now the cattery has beautiful bright white (daylight color temperature) lighting, even and mostly free of shadows. Extra bonus: the switches work correctly, both there and in our bedroom. I only have about 150 outlets and 60 switches to go...
Post a Comment