- Well, it's about frickin' time! What the heck took you so long, beltway-breath?
- Boehner did this? There must be some reason, other than the obvious...
- Jonathan Turley thinks the suit may prevail, causing progressive heads to explode. More popcorn, please!
- Why didn't Pelosi do this with George W. Bush, who was nearly as bad as Obama in this regard?
- The safe bet would be that this is pure political posturing, and Boehner has no intent to see the lawsuit actually make it through the courts until a judgment is reached. I feel so (justifiably) cynical saying this, but I will be completely unsurprised when some reason to drop the suit magically arises...
Thursday, June 26, 2014
Congress to sue Obama for executive branch overreach?
Congress to sue Obama for executive branch overreach? Boehner announced his intent to pursue this yesterday. I have some insta-reactions:
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Smoke and Mirrors. Boehner is likely trying to preempt impeachment talk. Just like I'm certain creating a select committee to investigate Benghazi was likely to distract from Issa's hearings.ReplyDelete